We talk a lot about student-centered learning, but what exactly does it look like? How do we know when our teaching practices are indeed student-centered? By investigating and discovering both specific student-centered activities and general qualities of a student-centered approach, We can deepen, define, and internalize our own understanding of and insights into student-centered learning.
Student-centered learning topics covered in this wiki include:
- How could you design the physical environment of the classroom, including technology, to be conducive to student-centered learning?
- What are some student-centered approaches or techniques that are based on or require collaboration?
- How can you implement assessment so that it enhances student-centered learning?
- What student-centered approaches or techniques can you use to address differentiation?
- What student-centered approaches or techniques include physical movement as a central element?
- What are some student-centered approaches or techniques for reading?